Equiscript Clients: How to Apply for the OneWorld Health trip to Costa Rica
Trip dates: May 4-12, 2019
For more information about OneWorld Health and the trip, please click here: oneworldhealth.com/volunteer
Equiscript is pleased to support 10 participants on the OneWorld Health volunteer medical mission trip to Costa Rica, May 4-12, 2019.
We encourage employees of our clients to apply to be part of this trip.
- 10 participants will be chosen by OneWorld Health to participate in the trip in a slot supported by Equiscript.
- For these participants, Equiscript’s support will cover airfare, lodging, transportation, meals, and related expenses. Volunteers will be responsible for the travel cost to and from the airport, airport parking, vaccinations, and the $10 visa fee into Nicaragua. We recommend that you bring $50 for any additional expenses that may be incurred during travel and/or souvenir shopping.
- All staff members who are interested are encouraged to apply. OneWorld Health needs doctors and nurses, and they also need administrators, organizers, people who can triage patients.
To read more about the volunteer experience, please see OneWorld Health’s Global Health Influencer’s Blog.
To apply for the trip:
- Let your Equiscript representative know you are interested, and he or she will help you navigate the process.
- Please be sure your employer knows that you plan to apply to be part of the trip.
- We encourage clients to offer employees paid time off in addition to their annual allotment in order for the winning employee(s) to be able to participate in the trip without using his or her paid time off.
- Submit a video with more information about why you’d like to go on the trip. To submit a video, please email a link to your video posting on YouTube, Dropbox, or other video storage mechanism to Juliet Quick at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 11, 2019. Please confirm that we received your submission by emailing or calling Juliet at email@example.com by Friday, January 11, 2019. Be sure to cover:
- Why you want to go on the trip
- Your unique perspective for the trip
- Winners will be chosen by OneWorld Health and will be notified the week of January 21-25, 2019. The winning applicants will need to complete the OneWorld Health application as well. The OWH application can be found here: https://www.oneworldhealth.com/volunteer/nicaragua/.
Why apply / why do I want my employees to apply?
- This trip will change your perspective, and be a growth experience.
- You will have a chance to participate in expanding healthcare in a Community Health Center model in other parts of the world.
- You will go someplace you’ve probably never been.
- You will meet new people, and find someone who truly appreciates your help.
- (For employers) Your employees will have a chance to reset, and come back re-inspired.
- You are doing something for the good of the world!
- January 11: video submissions due
- January 21-25: winners announced / notified
- May 4-12: THE TRIP!
Questions? Read our FAQs here.